Dental cleanings and dental exams are important preventive dental treatments, as maintaining a healthy mouth will improve your general health. We recommend that our patients have a general teeth cleaning every 6 months in order to prevent future problems. Through periodic check-ups, we have a better opportunity to identify problems early when they are more manageable and cost less to fix. During a dental cleaning in Southfield, Michigan, our qualified dental team will:
- Remove built-up plaque and tartar, which are known to cause infection
- Thoroughly wash, dry, and polish each tooth
- Perform oral cancer and periodontal disease screenings
- Check for signs of decay or damage
- Examine existing dental restorations in case maintenance or repair is needed
During your initial visit, we will take a series of dental X-rays to better understand and treat your smile. If necessary, more X-rays will be taken at subsequent appointments. We also provide instructions on how to improve your oral hygiene at home so you can take care of your smile every day of the year. If it is time for you to visit Dr. Sylvan Stern, our talented dentist, we invite you to call or visit our dental office today. Caring for your smile is our top priority and we look forwarding to help you achieve optimal oral health.